Friday 18 July 2014

MY FAVES FOR OILY/COMBO - SKINCARE & MAKEUP

After Posting Numerous pictures on instagram of my fave products I have found for oily and combo skin And getting a few requests I decided to write a post on what I like to use on my oily skin.

Skincare 
(I have only been using these current products for a short time, so theses are just my reviews on how I've seen results as of now)

The good thing about Dermalogica is its recommended from beauty therapist  all over the world, the price can't doubt people on theses products, but I always say that you get what you paid for.

Dermalogica Medibac Cleansing Face wash: I've been using this for a couple of weeks, and I can see my skin texture is already changing my acne is also shrinking and currently only have hormonal breakouts which can't be helped.
It has an unusual but nice smell to it sort of smells like aloe Vera mixed with something else ha-ha can't quite put my finger on it! It lathers up quite well and also when using my Clarisonic. It hasn't Stripped my skin or anything from being too strong BUT I did buy the active moist, which is a light moisturizer purpose for oily skin.

Dermalogica Active Moist: Again been only using this for a couple of weeks, tend to only wear it at night or if not wearing any makeup. Dermalogica recommends this for people who are on the oilier side as it soaks up oil but is oil-free.
When applying this I only use the Tiniest bit ever! And apply all over my face, it soaks in so well and doesn't even feel like you have applied any, it doesn't leave your skin, oily like most moisturizers do, even if they say their oil free and don't cause more "oil" Haven't tried, but if you're very oily they also have one called oil control lotion - Dermalogica: 'An oil-free, feather-light lotion to help hydrate while reducing shine. Non-greasy formula soothes irritated skin and helps eliminate congestion while preventing future breakouts. Microspheres help absorb oil on the skin's surface, leaving skin with an all-day matte finish. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.' But I also think that they would be more suited for someone during the day not at night, this one is light enough for wearing under makeup I feel.

Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel: This clearing gel, is one of the best I've treated I feel it helps with Preventing and getting rid of present pimples, not much I can say about this product as of yet, but I'll still continue to use it. Dermalogica says: 'An overnight treatment that helps clear skin, calm inflammation and prevent future breakouts by reducing excess sebum, removing impaction plugs and eliminating bacteria that contribute to congestion. Contains no artificial fragrance or color'



Makeup
Primer- Smashbox Photo finish Light + Blemish Control: When using the Smashbox photo finish Blemish control it is best to use with another primer otherwise if used on whole face I was advised it can cause your face to become very dry as it has acne preventing ingredients.

Foundations - I'am still looking for the perfect foundation for my skin type but I do prefer a matte and stay long foundation - For some reason I always end up back at Revlon colorstay, I do also like MAC studio fix and Makeup forever Matte Foundation and Estee Lauder Double wear Light.

Powder- MAC Blot Pressed Powder: I don't know why this powder is not talked about more it has done amazing things for my skin, I don't even have to worry about if I have oiliness coming through, and the fact that it lasts all day is amazing! And if I do have natural oils slightly appearing I don't mind because it look like my skin is just really healthy.


There possibly could be a part 2 of this blog post so stay tune!









No comments:

Post a Comment