Tuesday 1 July 2014

OVERRATED PRODUCTS - not worth the hype #1


There are many products out there that are absolutely talked the death out of, sometimes theses products can be amazing and then some just don't make the list after spending hundreds of dollars, everyone has different opinions about products and here are my not worth the hype products.


Urban Decay Primer Potion 
This product is raved about much like its partner naked Palletes but sadly this just doesn't make the cut, it leaves my eyelids oily and doesn't last all day.

Recommend instead: MAC painterly paint pot

YSL touche eclat
Every beauty blogger overseas has used this I swear, I bought this a couple years ago, and sadly it doesn't do anything for my pale skin and creases. Definitely not a fan.

Recommend instead: (Not really the same, but MAC prolongwear concealer is amazing for undereyes)

Toofaced better then falses eyelash extenstion system
The idea of this is great, but sadly, the mascara part is way to wet obviously so the fibers stick, but it takes a while to dry and that's not very handy for someone like me who has little time in the morning,
I have quite long thick eyelashes so I didn't really see much difference, hopefully someone with shorter lashes will get the benefits out of this mascara

MAC Fix +
Really not a fan, it's pretty much like water in a bottle, can't really say much else? or have a felt another purpose for this

Recommend instead: Urban decay All nighter spray (For lasting all day and getting rid of cakeyness)

Benefit Porefessional 

This primer has lots of mixed reviews personally hate it!! The silicone just feels heavy on my pores and I just hate it!! 

Recommend instead: Smashbox primer light (for oily combo skin) 





2 comments:

  1. I feel the same about the Urban Decay primer potion but I absolutely adore the Porefessional and MAC Fix+ hahah.
    Makeup is such a personal thing :)

    heytherejacquelyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the urban decay primer potion. It works for me, but I agree with the porefessional.

    ReplyDelete