Tuesday 16 September 2014

THE BEST MAKEUP FOR AN OILY FREE DAY





I decided to write this blog because I think I have finally found my holy grail products for an oily free skin during the day.

I used to hate the fact that my makeup would always separate and id becomes an oily mess by sometimes even 10 am, I tried different things such as changing my skincare up (sometimes can be the reason for having oily skin) change makeup try every single foundation that could possibly work for my oily skin drugstore and high end.

These products are based on what has begun to work well with my skin, yes, it make be different to yours, but theses are just some things that might be worth a try, sadly all theses have been tested and trialed in winter so hopefully they can still make it through the 40 degree months.

I'll start with the base or primer it took me a while to actually find a primer worth having, as most of the ones had before didn't really do anything amazing or not anything different -have  tired MAC skin visage and mostly everyone's holy grail HOURGLASS mineral veil sadly just kept plowing thought tiny bottles of that stuff that wasn't really giving me the result I wanted, anyway, I would have to say the two best primers I have tried would have to be SMASHBOX photo finish LIGHT primer - this primer is really great for oily skin it seems to just glide and keep everything in place. My holy grail for sure would DERMALOGICA - skinperfect primer - I've never been the one for velvety silicone primers but this one doesn't seem to break me out and actually works with my skin to create a an amazing base I love that has a little tint to it so it can be worn alone sadly not brave enough for that yet!

Foundation's can be tricky to pick I've heard of so many that are oil free and stay all day and blah blah but just don't live up to the hype. Obviously I tend to go for a full coverage thick long lasting matte foundation because I feel theses last longer with my oily skin and I suppose it's just what Iam used to now. 
Foundations there's probably two or three that have made the cut, MAKEUP FOREVER MATT VELVET Foundation the only reason wouldn't say this is in my top two would because 1 is really expensive and hard to get in Australia and 2 colors are a bit iffy for me personally other then that it is definitely VERY full coverage and lasts quite a while next one is REVLON COLORSTAY always end up going back to this little gem, has a great holding power for a drugstore foundation and it's really amazing worth checking out if on a budget my holy grail would have to be ESTÉE LAUDER - DOUBLEWEAR LIGHT 
I've just recently rediscovered this amazing foundation and it's the perfect canvas for my face I love it so much it's pretty everything I need in a foundation BUT the lightest color can look quite dark on me :( which sucks but only cause Iam so pale



If there was one thing I was going to say go buy ASAP! It definitely would be this MAC BLOT POWDER  nothing compares this amazing powder pretty much a life saver I recommend before going out and buying a whole new foundation primer so on.. Definitely need to try this first it may the answer to your prayers. I just can't explain how amazing this powder is it has amazing staying powder over any tinted moisturizer or other foundations. 
This product usually lasts me around 3 months, so really worth the splurge I feel! 


Setting sprays are an added extra I personally have started always spraying URBAN DECAY - DESLICK finishing spray, it's just another thing to go on my face really but I feel whilst also helping this the staying powder and maybe a little bit of the oily side it helps not make my face to matte or cakey looking make it more natural even though it's far from it haha.



1 comment:

  1. I have oily skin and basically every product here is one of my faves !! Love the UD setting spray...so so amazing :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete